If you find yourself grumbling about aches and pains after a ride, have a look at these tips and see what you can do.
• Get a harder saddle. It may seem strange, but a hard saddle (as opposed to a soft one that adapts to your shape) will actually support you better- try it and you’ll see the difference.
• Stretching. This is a basic but vital one- every time you take a break, use the opportunity to stretch out, focusing on the back and knees.
• Ear protection. The irritating sound of whistling wind in your ears can often lead to lingering earache. Make sure you wear a good quality helmet, and if it’s a big problem, look for ‘alpine earplugs’, which are usually sold in motorcycle shops.
• Invest in a back rest. This will take so much strain off your back and shoulders, and you’ll find that, in general, you’ll be less tense. However, these are quite pricey, so do your research before buying one- maybe even test drive a bike with one attached. If you really can’t afford one, just try to keep an eye on your position (and maybe do a few more of those stretches!).
• Take care in the sun. Either apply sun cream to exposed skin… or don’t expose any! You might feel like sun cream is just for kids, but I’m sure you’ll change your mind when you put your gloves on and they’re chafing on red, raw skin!
• Wear ‘wicking’ underwear. Speaking of chafing…you’ll probably want a few pairs of these to save yourself from it. Soothing creams are all well and good, but it’s better to prevent a problem than solve it. Wicking underwear ‘wicks’ away sweat and helps maintain regular temperature. They cost about as much as good quality normal boxers, and you’ll probably use them on days you’re not riding, too. Just be wary of the sizing- for example, Amazon sizes tend to be a bit optimistic. Another option is padded shorts, which add an extra layer between you and your saddle.
• Keep hydrated. If you’re throat’s dry, you’re already halfway to dehydration. Even if it’s a hassle to stop and get out your water bottle, do it! Just stay away from energy drinks and fizzy pop; they’re diuretics, meaning they’ll make you need to urinate more often.
• Dress for the weather. A thin layer of merino wool can save you from wild shivering on the motorway, which is the last thing you’ll want. Good quality jackets and pants are available which help to moderate temperature. Just don’t forgo a layer in the hot weather- you need all the protection you can get on the road.
Got any of your own tips for keeping comfy on the road? Leave a comment below!
Oh, and if you’re looking to sell your bike to buy a comfier one, go to our homepage to find out why we buy any bike
Looking to find out how much money you could get for your bike? Thinking of getting a newer model, an older model, or just looking for money for a holiday?
Click for a quick bike valuation for free online at We Buy Any Bike
We are proud of our drivers reputation, all our own drivers vetted and qualified to do the job in the hand. We are grateful for the dedication and passion our drivers have given us over the years and offer a nationwide pickup service. Built over the past 10 years and operating out of locations in London and Manchester, we have an efficient and speedy way to collect bikes anywhere in the mainland UK.
We can guarantee a professional, friendly team when it comes to a motorbike valuation. We all make sure our customers' satisfaction comes first and foremost, which is why Nicole, Dawn, Gemma and the rest of our customer service family here will always give you a warm welcome, work for the best offer from our buyers and a promise to never be pushy. We are proud of our 5 star ratings and want to keep it that way. We don't train our team to be the best they are born naturals
Our phones are manned with all hands on deck from 9am-6pm Mon-Sat, and we are closed on Sundays. Our drivers are out on the road 24/7 (bless them) working all hours to ensure our customers get times to suit, meaning there's always a driver nearby ready to collect your bike. You will always get notice - we wont just turn up unannounced. Of course, our online site is open 24/7
© Copyright 2016 WeBuyAnyBike
The webuyanybike.co.uk experience is a mission we set out to achieve way back 20 years ago. To offer a genuine free valuation service with out the pushy motives - At We Buy Any Bike we know that selling your motorbike can be a stressful and sometimes emotional experience. Our mission is to use all the means necessary to provide honest help and generous quotes to anyone looking to sell their motorbike. We are online 24/7 which is great but our advisors do prefer to speak direct with their customers so we can be sure you experience the most professional service nationwide.
Snape Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2NZ